Due to high costs for keeping this site running, please consider making a donation.
Appliance repair help and repair parts...
Repair Help for Appliances, Lawn Mowers, HVAC and more
RepairClinic.com is the trusted online store with 1,000,000+ replacement parts and maintenance products for 160 appliance, outdoor power equipment and heating and cooling equipment brands
50% Off Retail Prices for Wine Club Members at Cellars Wine Club.
Cellars Wine Club
Get a payday loan fast at Check Into Cash, a trusted payday advance lender. Apply Today!
Help Wiring a 279827 Dryer Motor
Click to see a larger image
- disconnect power first!
- Remove the old wires from the motor writing down the colors and #'s of each wire. *( this is important )*
- Remove old motor ... see how to take apart if needed to access the motor ...
- Install the new motor
- Remove the blue wire that is connected from the terminal # 4 on the new motor to the thermal overload switch ( see the picture of the motor on the right side above
- Cut off old terminal and crimp the new terminal provided on the black wire from # 6 on the old motor and the white wire from # 5 on the old motor.
- Remove the red wire from terminal # 2 from the old motor and install on the terminal # 2 on the new motor.
- The black wire that went to terminal # 6 from the old motor, now install it ( with the newer smaller terminal ) onto # 6 on the new motor.
- The white wire that went to terminal # 5 from the old motor, now install it ( with the newer smaller terminal ) onto # 5 on the new motor.
- The red wire that was on terminal # 1 on the old motor goes onto terminal # 1 on the new motor.
- The blue wire from terminal # 4 on the old motor goes onto the motor thermal protector terminal. This is the terminal left over from the removed blue jumper wire....please see the right side picture above.
Related item: This style of dryer has a fan blower threaded onto one end of the motor shafts, the fan blower is a left hand thread. See this for how to get the fan blower off of the motor shaft.